Social Media Marketing Agency
4.3 billion people use social media platforms. This brings fantastic opportunities for marketers to find new customers through social media channels.
Our social media marketing services
Social media marketing refers to marketing on digital platforms where users create and share content of various formats with each other.
6 benefits of social media marketing
About half of the whole world’s population (4.3 billion people) are active on social media platforms, where they spend an average of two and a half hours a day. This provides tremendous opportunities for your business to reap multiple benefits.
#1 Boost sales and profits
Social media marketing boosts sales by increasing the volume and quality of engagement between potential customers and your business at all stages of the buying journey.
#2 Increase reach and brand awareness
Social media marketing invites more online searchers and targeted users to discover that your business exists and meets their needs. We get you found through SEO and more.
#3 Drive more traffic to your sites
When you provide value through social media platforms, you interact more with users to discover and meet their needs, and open doors to onflow more visitors to your website.
#4 Create a positive brand identity
Your business presence can come alive through social media interactions that nurture trust. Do this through strong visual branding, as well as your content and activities.
#5 Serve people better 24×7
Through great content and automated interactive chatbots, you can provide the information prospects need to match their wants and needs with your unique value proposition.
#6 Leverage data-driven insights
Differentiate your business by collecting and using data to target users with precision to increase conversion rates. Social media makes it possible, quick, and affordable.
What is social media marketing?
To start with a basic definition, ‘social media’ are websites, platforms or applications where users create and share content, as well as connect and interact with others with ties and interests in common. What is often called ‘social media marketing’ actually covers the broader term ‘social media management’, where the 2nd and 3rd activities indicated below are strongly integrated with the 1st to increase marketing effectiveness:
- Social media marketing – Publishing and posting of promotional content on social media platforms; more details below), and also
- Social media advertising – Running paid campaigns (for more information about the exciting and versatile ‘paid’ landscape, please see the social media section of our digital advertising page), and
- Social media monitoring – Helping clients maintain an up-to-date understanding of the perception of their overall online brand presence.
In Australia, the social media platforms with the widest reach are Facebook (16.5 million unique active month users in 2021), YouTube (16 million), and Instagram (9 million). YouTube is technically a search engine second only to Google, but its video content is widely shared on multiple social media platforms. Specialist professional platform LinkedIn follows with 6.5 million unique active monthly users. While messaging app WhatsApp has 8 million users, it is not as important in providing businesses with great marketing opportunities.
Why is it important to have a social media strategy?
A sound strategy helps you focus on the most effective ways to achieve the best marketing outcomes. Effective planning includes having clear business goals, understanding the strengths and user profiles of each social media platform in terms of needs and behaviour, identifying which subgroups could be targeted for best results, producing the right content, and more.
Key social media marketing channels
Our digital marketing agency helps businesses promote themselves on the top leading social media platforms in Australia: Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. Rising star TikTok deserves special mention, as does the emerging phenomena of Influencer Marketing.
The ranking statistics are dynamic and it is fascinating to see big shifts in numbers reported in short timeframes. Rankings from available figures reported by Statistica for April 2021 rank the global Top 5 social media platforms with the most active users as follows:
A significant rising star is TikTok, the fastest growing social media platform in 2020 (by 38%); with Snapchat (25%), Reddit (23%), and Pinterest (22%) hot on its heels.
You may like to use the following information to start conversations around how to tailor social media advertising for the best results.
Facebook is the largest social media network in the world; marketing on this platform provides great opportunities for targeting users at all stages of the buyer journey.
- Profile. Facebook has about 16 million active users per month aged 13+, and 80% market share. Users are among the world’s most active in terms of Ad Clicks, Likes, and Comments. Dwell time is 8 minutes per view, 8 pages a day. 50% use Facebook daily.
- Opportunities. Best for reaching the 16-64 age group, especially those aged 25-34. There are also 1.25 million users aged 65 and above. Advertisers can post high-frequency campaigns as users are active multiple times a day.
As a video channel, YouTube provides a niche that is perfect for any business that is best promoted through video engagement (with enough creativity, that means any business).
- Profile. 15 million users in Australia, 1.86 billion globally. Rising top daily average time spent (19:10 minutes).
- Opportunities. Reach 87% of users age 13+. 1.9 million users are Gen Alpha (age below 13). Popular with Gen Z men (53%) and women (42%) for following influencers, and in general for getting music. 70% or more of 15-25, 26-35, and 46-55 age groups use YouTube.
Instagram ads are native ads that look like Instagram posts, with a discreet ‘Sponsored’ label. They are posted from Instagram Business Accounts, often linked to Facebook.
- Profile. 9 to 11 million users, with 8:51 minutes daily dwell time. Users are most likely to also be active on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok.
- Opportunities. Reach 51.6% of users age 13+, especially aged 25 to 34. Most popular with Gen Z women for following influencers. The younger they are (age 18 to 24) the more they use Instagram (67%). Highest reaches are in the US, India, Brazil, Indonesia and Russia.
Marketing on Linkedin, the world’s largest B2b networking platform, is mainly about building authority and trust as a professional. Active professional engagement is the key.
- Profile. 5.5 million users. Top business-to-business (B2B) platform with about 5% share of the social media advertising market. Most users (59%) visit LinkedIn fewer than 3 times a week.
- Opportunities. Reach 1.4 million business directors, 3 million middle management, and 2.8 million junior staff. Reach all company sizes: about 3 million users work in large enterprises and corporations, and 2 million in SMEs and micro companies.
Fancy creating a marketing presence on the fastest growing social media channel right now? Launched in 2017, TikTok has attracted 2.5 million users in Australia by 2020.
- Profile. Fastest growing social media company with 2.5 million users per month in Australia, 50+% increase in 2020. Globally, there are 1 billion monthly active users aged 13 to 60 worldwide, and growing.
- Opportunities. Young audience – Reach 70% of Australian Gen Alpha (born 2006 to current) and Gen Z (born 1991 to 2005). 1.5 million are women and girls. Use the Branded Scan Augmented Reality advertising tool on the TikTok for Business platform. Browse the TikTok Creator Marketplace to find creators with audiences most relevant to their ad campaigns. TikTok also provides ad credits, self-serve ads, hashtag challenge promotions, and other advertising opportunities.
An exciting emerging force across multiple platforms is the use of product mentions and endorsements from online influencers ranging from celebrities to micro-influencers on niche topics. Read more.
- WhatsApp – 7 million users in Australia. Most popular messaging service in 100 countries, with 2.5 billion users globally. Opportunities: Top 3 countries – India (390 million), Brazil (108 million) and US (75 million). No direct ads, but other platforms (e.g., Facebook) can feature Click-to-WhatsApp buttons for instant AR or life text, voice and video conversations. Estimated to have earned up to $10 billion for Facebook in 2020.
- Snapchat – 4.5 million daily active users (out of 161 million users worldwide), with about 5% share of the social media advertising market. 1 in 4 Australians use Snapchat. Opportunities. About 60% of users are female. Snapchat is most popular in the US (108 million users, India (74.3 million), and France (24.5 million). Reaches 75% of millennials and Gen Z. Snapchatters spend over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day.
In summary, features, updated figures, and trends can change quickly in the dynamic social media advertising world. To explore hot advertising opportunities and strategies, please contact Ignite Search.
How do I get great results with social media marketing?
Great results, especially with new endeavours, start with well-considered strategic planning, followed by continual testing, evaluation and improvement.
- When you involve social media marketing expertise early in the planning stage, you get expert input on the most appropriate platforms and targeted audiences to focus on for higher ROI.
- We tailor a Plan, Do, Check, Act protocol that works for your unique business needs that can be addressed with social media.
Data-driven social media marketing
The social media marketing and advertising services we provide harness extensive data on how people use the Internet and social media.
Social media marketing may seem like black magic to the uninitiated, but to us, it is both an art and a science.
- The science in it is knowing what is available for measuring that is meaningful for business, for what purpose, and how to measure and analyse it.
- The art in it is in looking for patterns in the data, interpreting what they mean, and (most importantly) using the insights to plan and implement informed actions that improve business performance.
Data drives both the art and science of effective digital advertising. Ignite Search has helped many clients mine and utilise data on which effective social media marketing strategies are based. Let us get great results for you.
FAQs – Social media marketing
Which social media platform is right for my business?
There is no blanket answer in terms of which single social media platform is best for business. We help you arrive at an informed decision.
An effective strategy includes general business acumen with excellent management of quality resources, as well as social media-specific knowhow and skills—to find more users with profiles that match your marketing intent, and are more likely to regard your business favourably and buy from you.
Understanding when and where people are active online provides the best chances of success. For example, Instagram is a great platform for businesses with visually attractive products aimed at millennials. LinkedIn is great if you want to generate leads from C-suite decision-makers for your professional service.
The most practical approach is to identify the resources available for achieving clearly defined business objectives, and gather knowledge about what each platform is capable of, before deciding on the ones that best match your business goals, timeframe, resources and budget. Always conduct pilot tests before investing in large campaigns.
What should I be posting on social media, and when?
This decision may seem overwhelming or confusing when there are so many social media channels and options to choose from, but the answer is surprisingly easy when you are clear about what you want to achieve and include the input of social media experts when planning your strategy.
How do I pick a social media marketing agency to help my business?
Shortlist agencies with strong track records of obtaining great results for key digital marketing and advertising projects like social media marketing as well as search engine optimisation and paid digital advertising. They should be up to date on digital marketing trends, search algorithms, and more to provide the most relevant current advice. Then contact them to get a sense of how knowledgeable and responsive they are, and if you are able to work well together.
What if one social channel isn’t working for me? How do you ensure high performance?
Things move fast in the digital world; this means you can too. This is made possible through the power of data-driven technology, regular monitoring, and analysis to distill insights for making marketing decisions that reap the best outcomes.
You’ve probably heard of the term GIGO (garbage in, garbage out), so make sure you start with the best quality of data on which to analyse behaviour, derive insights, and drive better decisions for effective marketing.
How much do I have to spend to get results?
Budgeting decisions related to social media marketing are best made when these factors have been considered:
- Be clear about your business goals and buyer personas, what stage of the buyer journey you are targeting, and how well social media marketing has helped you achieve marketing goals in the past.
- List the resources available to put towards getting the business outcomes you want – money, expertise, time, knowledge, digital marketing and monitoring tools, etc. For example, if your revenue is $1 million and you have a marketing budget of 10% ($100,000), you may want to allocate 10% of that for social media marketing and ad spend this year ($10,000), and 20% next year ($20,000) to fulfill specific business goals. Look at campaign data to help you make sound decisions.
- Understand the profiles of social media channels and users, and if they match your buyer personas.
- Know what can be done on relevant platforms, unpaid marketing as well as paid advertising. Obtain the benchmarked ROI for each platform. For example, the ballpark ROI for digital marketing is 5:1 where $5 is earned for every $1 spent.
- Understand the costing model paid advertising, for example, per click, per view, or a fixed amount for 1,000 impressions.
As for Ignite Search, we provide value-for-money proposals that consider your business goals, the competitive space, and what you want to achieve through social media. The best way to start is to have a complimentary conversation to explore possibilities. We welcome you to ring us on (08) 9467 9883 or send us a request on our Contact us page.
How does social media targeting work?
On Facebook and Instagram, target audiences can be defined by demographics, navigation and content consumption behaviour (pages and topics), as well as buying intent (searching for and browsing/buying online shopping items). LinkedIn audiences can be defined by job role, industry, seniority, company size, and more. YouTube marketers can employ keywords relevant to video topics and category of channels,
Why use a social media marketing agency?
It’s about leveraging expertise through clever collaboration. You, as the subject matter expert for your industry, and an agency like us as specialists who draw on our expertise to design and implement multiple forms of digital marketing to promote what you can do to people who value it.
Do you outsource your work?
We have a dedicated in-house team for social media marketing and a full suite of digital marketing, advertising, and influencing services, as well as branding, strategic planning, UX/UI design, and more, including marketing in specialist markets like China. We do not outsource our work unless you have any unique requests that require third-party collaboration.
What is social media monitoring good for?
The information social media monitoring collects provides a detailed picture of how a brand is perceived, and how successful their online marketing activities and advertising campaigns are performing (much more efficiently so if there are multiple platforms to juggle). Valuable for public relations and customer care too, great monitoring provides rich information on the state of a company’s brand health, and serves as a great springboard for social media listening7 (which derives insights from information to drive confident and proactive decision making).
Which social media platform should I advertise on?
It depends. The answer to this question should be clearly guided by your business goals, with expert digital advertising input brought in at the very start of your planning stage. The social media landscape is rich and dynamic, and several platforms are also interconnected. Use the information below to start the conversation around how to tailor social media advertising for the best results.
“I’m the happiest guy in the world because obviously, you know, they (Ignite Search) helped me a lot for my marketing campaign. And also, you know, with the products that I sell on the website that you know, I offer the premium products to the customer, especially the Musang King Durian and the Toothfish, and everyone loves it. They helped me throughout the process, how to do the marketing campaign and how to work my way out to get the best service to my customer. So I want to take that opportunity to thank everyone, including the founder, Cheech, and man, you helped me a lot and I really appreciate for your helpng and it has been a pleasure working with them. ”
View our client range
Ignite Search is honoured and delighted to contribute to the Success Journeys of many ambitious businesses like the ones below. To discover more about what we achieve for our clients, please check out our Case Studies page.
Read recent blogs
Welcome to our resource hub. Here, we produce and collate content on trending topics from the digital marketing universe for your convenient consumption.
We’re here to listen. Tell us your vision. Share the challenges you face. Together, let’s discover ideas and explore actionable plans to achieve your business goals. Let us be your ally—to open up new avenues of impact and success!
Get a free quote
Ask us how we can help your business succeed.